About Me

My photo
I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing, by achieving.

Dec 25, 2011

Merry Christmas and great food

Here in Vietnam, we celebrate Christmas one day earlier than in Western cities. Another different thing is that there's no snow on Christmas night for us, but I believe we all deserve happiness on this special day, no matter where we live, or what we believe in life. This year, Christmas was so unforgettable to me. Haven't told you I had never been riding around the city on Christmas night right? Well, this year, I did
So, here are food photos of our Christmas gathering dinner and also a part of my birthday, celebrating with friends
 Our table with: Spaghetti with ham and leek, Fried wings with garlic and herbs, Rose and raspberry soda, Raspberry yoghurt, fruits and cakes




 The spaghetti that everybody loved. Truth is I replaced Parmesan with Gruyere, my favorite cheese and it turned out so good


Fried wings, my new style with garlic herbs and chili flakes

Rose soda, with lime juice and raspberry. Have a sip and feel love!

Raspberry yogurt. I think it's needless to say how lovely raspberry is right? But I prefer its smell, not really into flavor. How about you?

Alright, I've posted all photos of dishes and sweets we had on Christmas. And as always, I'll be posting recipes in a separate post. Now, I'm sharing some photos of the gifts I received for my birthday and Christmas. I know no one will be jealous because we all, are loved. But they are all lovely gifts so just go with me :):)


My friend from elementary school, Hai Yen, showed up and surprised me with this cutest Buche de Noel that she made for me. I was so happy and moved! Thank you and our friendship, a lot.

Thanks Hanh, for giving such lovely cotton dolls 

Got a polka dot cup from my Mom, as a replacement for the broken one

A poem from anh Vien


Day has gone,
Night is coming suddenly.
Mr. Santa is being busy
To prepare gifts.
Night is falling down quietly.


So quietly to hear
Wind whispering in the dark.
Sun is hiding,
Moon has slept.
People are listening to the song of angels.
They sing that
“A child will come from the sky,
Among the cloud bearing water
She hands rainbows
With red, orange, yellow, blue
And green, and purple, and brown
To distribute colorful happiness”
God is smiling
And I am saying
“Happiness has no ending”


I also got a praise from my brother, small cakes from Dong, a hair pin and letter from Quynh, messages and wishes and above all, I got a life from my parents. I know I'm loved and I love all of them. 

Wish everyone a happy and warm Christmas. Of course, never miss out any great food
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment