About Me

My photo
I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing, by achieving.

Dec 18, 2011

Friends gathering after graduation. Mushroom hotpot


As you can see, there were a lot, i mean A LOT of veggies [bok choy, chop suey green, water morning glorie, napa cabbage, baby carrot] and colorful egg noodles [carrot, plain, beet, spinach], wild mushrooms [shiitake, oyster mushroom, enoki, eringii aka royal trumpet mushroom] on the floor. Why?

Because we don't have such big table :(

But we had fun, real fun.

I remember I've never laughed so hard like I did  this whole day since...  the day before my sister's wedding day or on the day my Mom and I thought that it was my aunt's birthday but, it was my brother in law's. I know, I know the birthday part sounds urrrggghhh? Of course we know it was not her birthday, her birthday was a week back. But, she asked us to come to her house to "celebrate birthday". And we brought a cake, of course, with her name written on it. And the fun thing was that my brother in law had a picture with that birthday cake, with my aunt's name written on it. On his birthday!
That's my family [sometimes]

Back to the mushroom hotpot recipe. I'll be posting it tomorrow. This time I promise I will do even if I press "publish post" and the error page displays! Yah, you got me :)

 the soup I made a day before

So, take a look at my ingredients

our greens today: bok choy, chop suey green, water morning glorie, napa cabbage, baby carrot
shiitake, oyster mushroom, eringii aka royal trumpet mushroom
egg noodles [carrot, plain, beet, spinach]
quail eggs
shrimps
enoki mushroom, taro
chickennnn
bean curd skin
stir fried egg noodle [made from hotpot leftover]

my signature dessert mango sago with pink pomelo and pearl

Please meet one of my favorite ingredients
Friends

two beautiful girls 
the funniest ingredient and my baked corn with salty butter 


Thank you for helping me out so much in the kitchen
I just can't wait for Tet to come faster, faster, faster
Fantabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment